The Friends of the Boyne River (FoBR) held its 2016 Annual Meeting on August 10th at the Boyne City Veterans Memorial Park Pavilion. Forty members and friends shared barbecue chicken and a potluck meal and a lot of laughs.
Following dinner and review of the annual financial report, the results of the election for Board of Directors were reported and the past year’s projects were highlighted (click here for a summary), which included
- Hosting monthly speakers to discuss pertinent environmental or recreational topics
- Maintaining Boyne City’s Old City Park river bank with native anti-erosion plant species
- Performing spring and fall insect species monitoring to determine the river’s ecosystem health
- Conducting a river clean-up event
- A “crowd hydrology” project that involves efficient volunteer monitoring of water depth at several key Boyne River locations throughout the year
The annual Founders Award (“Paddle Award”) for outstanding service to the organization was given to Mark and Chitra Contrucci (see photo below).